Two students were hired to help Jaide Products identify market opportunities to launch their sit-to-stand medical aid, the Roturner. The student team found sales channels for Jaide to sell their product through that would reach the appropriate healthcare professionals. They identified a five year sales plan to help them grow their business, looking at the low-hanging fruit which offer less barriers into market all the way through to providing processes to connect with larger hospitals and long term care homes later in the strategy. Overall, the team presented Jaide with a formal marketing research proposal and provided a persuasive presentation at the end of the 10 week job.
Handling Specialties is a large organization that provides custom-engineered material handling solutions. They specialize in designing hydraulic lift systems for a number of different industries and businesses, including entertainment organizations such as Cirque Du Soleil. Handling Specialties looked to The Consultancy to support them with digital media solutions, focusing on media production to showcase their equipment and products in a more professional and visual way. A student videographer was hired to shoot, edit and produce a number of corporate and product videos for Handling Specialties to showcase on their website and other channels.
Job Board : Current Opportunities
Client: Hamilton 100 Commonwealth Games Bid Corporation
The Commonwealth Games were first held in 1930, with a goal to unite the Commonwealth family through festival of sport. Hamilton gave birth to the Games almost 100 years ago. Ontario has not hosted the Commonwealth Games since their inception. Bringing them back to Ontario on their centenary would be noteworthy. Hamilton is submitting a bid to bring the Commonwealth Games to Hamilton in 2030 and are looking for a team of creative students to help. The project will consist of developing a social media campaign that will be present across all major channels. The student team will support the strategy development, content creation and execution of the social media strategy. There are four roles we will be hiring for:
- Copy writer: this individual will have strong creative and communication skills.
- Graphic Designer: will provide art direction for all written content created
- Videographer: support short video content for social media
- Social Media Coordinator: Will support the creation of the strategy, manage client relations, and provide insight and recommendations to social media analytics and successes.
Student Roles and Responsibilities
- Commit to a maximum of 8 hours per week
- Work collaboratively in teams to develop and execute a social media campaign
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of a client’s goals, objectives and challenges before developing all new initiatives.
- Adhere to the scope of the project or campaign as identified and deliver relevant solutions to the best of their abilities.
- Meet with the client as often as required to monitor effective and relevant progress.
- Provide prompt and timely response to all client generated requests, meetings and submissions – two days is considered acceptable.
- Experience working with a client on projects
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Experience in content/media creation and planning for social media management
- Has experience in:
- Creative writing, advertising, marketing, communication, content creation
- Graphic design expertise
- video editing, creative filming, short media development
- Account manager, strategist, media planner,
- Enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Broadcast Media – TV
- Graphic Design
- Public Relations
This is a paid opportunity with rates starting at $16.00 per hour. If you are interested in working with The Constancy or have any questions related to these roles, please email your resume and cover letter to The Centre before October 3rd 2023.